Sunday, January 13, 2008

RALPH on the Screaming Glory Road


We pick up the tale of RALPH’s current whereabouts where we left off a few posts ago: with the Candidate being chased by police in a small Pennsylvania town after being caught putting "The Morning After" on windshields at the local mall.

As he was panting for breath, a battered white van with the words "Central PA Heating and Air Conditioning" lettered on the side pulled up beside him and a man shouted, "Get in, quick!" Instinctively, RALPH obliged, and the van took off toward I-76. The policemen gave up the chase, though RALPH could hear them in the distance calling "...and don’t ever come back!"

The driver didn’t look much like an HVAC guy - he had nothing in common, for example, with the tattooed skinhead who installed this blogger’s new water heater two days ago. He wore a long white beard down to his waist, a floor-length homespun robe that looked like something out of the Bible (though the authenticity was destroyed by his wearing rubber boots instead of sandals), and a big cross around his neck. Another cross hung on the rear-view mirror, one with red, white and blue flashing lights that lit the van up like a strobe.

"Welcome, brother RALPH," said stranger. "Yes, I can see your surprise that I know your name. But among my flock your writings are revered like those of Revelation. Would that they were so revered everywhere!"

"THEN YOU AREN’T REALLY AN AIR-CONDITIONING MAN?" gasped RALPH.

"Not literally - this van is a device to allow me to travel incognito. But perhaps metaphorically, since my job is to save America from the burning flames. Allow me to introduce myself; I am the Reverend Thomas P. Zacharias, pastor of the Screaming Glory Tabernacle in Bedlam Junction. We have heard your warning, and it has touched our hearts very nearly. In my church we are making a study of The Morning After as all Americans should do. At tonight’s service we’ll be doing a special presentation on The Morning After; my daughter Zipporah will read from it while walking a tightrope above an open fire pit. I know you will love it. My home is yours, brother RALPH. I am honored to have you in my car, shining beacon of purity that you are."*

At this, RALPH began to sob and embrace Reverend Tom. "THE LORD HAS BROUGHT ME AMONG MY FRIENDS! I HAVE BEEN PLUCKED FROM THE JAWS OF MINE ENEMIES AND LED TO GREEN PASTURES! I HAVE FOUND A LOYAL RAPTURE AMERICAN AMID THE MOB OF BLOODTHIRSTY DEMLIBS AND AGENTS OF VILE MURDERING PIAPS THAT SURROUND ME!!! TAKE ME TO BEDLAM! IT IS WHERE I BELONG!!!!"

So off they rode into the Appalachians, while back in Dubois, his entourage remained scratching their heads. "I thought we're supposed to be rehearsing for debates," said a campaign worker who identified himself only as "Henry".

* We’re not sure whether Rev. Tom has heard about the goat yet.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehe.

Alleged goat incident atm.

RALPH MUST HAVE HIS DAY IN COURT TO FACE THIS EVUL LIBRUL CHARGE! HE WILL WIN AS AMERICA'S GREATEST PRESIDENT IN WAITING! THEY CAN'T EVEN THINK!

Anonymous said...

This is a great and noble story.
Ralph should be loved and derided at the same time, what a conundrum.
ps.
I can't access Blogger most of the time. Does it have anything to do with having a slow dial-up?

pps.
I do live off the beaten track.

peace

Anonymous said...

Dave,it's not that I don't think. Blogger can be really,REALY buggy man.

Sometimes it logs me in orderly,sometimes not. And I'm on adsl.

Anonymous said...

Does Ralph have an Exit strategy? Or an Entrance strategy for that matter? This thing is starting to fall apart. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure RALPH will be able to regain his mojo - much less a viable candidacy - unless he and his alter ego Lephari can manage to bond again and become whole. Maybe some kind of fundie mind-meld is in order?

Anonymous said...

Ralph and the Ari-conditioning serviceman.

Dumb and Dumber hit the road!